2017 AIS Balikpapan Scholarship
AIS Balikpapan is pleased to announce the 2017 AIS Balikpapan Scholarship Program open to Indonesian citizens. The scholarship award covers 100% of the school’s tuition fees. The scholarship award is for one year of study at AIS Balikpapan.
1. The academic scholarships are for Term 3 (July), 2017 intake.
2. Applicants will be asked to fill in an application form, then an English and Mathematics test at AIS Balikpapan.
3. Following the Test, selected applicants will be invited to meet with the Head of School and/scholarship committee.
4. The scholarship application deadline is April 28, 2017.
5. The scholarship will be open to Indonesian students who are in Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5.
6. The scholarship will cover tuition fees for a year for Year 3 and 4; for Year 5 it will cover tuition fees until completion of Year 6.
7. There will be maximum of two scholarships per year level.
8. The scholarship application form can be downloaded here.
An inclusive environment
Offering a world-class Australian education from Preschool to Year 6 presently. AIS Balikpapan is a friendly and lively community with students from all backgrounds and with all abilities. The school is highly regarded for its inclusive education and school culture where a diverse student population is able to develop independence, responsibility and a love of learning.
The learning begins in our primary years where students are encouraged to develop a sense of belonging, to learn who they are, and how they learn. They are given an opportunity to reach their full potential and to work at their own level in each subject area.
“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.”- Confucius.
Students are encouraged to explore, experiment, discover, and most of all, do.
Offering a fully integrated Australian curriculum, AIS delivers inclusive education through a broad, balanced program. Our individual focus and values-based tuition forms a solid foundation for confident global citizens to enter the world.
AIS, applies a student-centred approach to small class groups right across the school. Through individual learning plans, specialist programs and extra-curricular activities, we encourage both academic and personal development.
At AIS, we recognise that every student learns differently. We believe learning programs should be flexible and tailored to individual needs. We also provide learning support as well as extra help with English language. Mandarin language classes, taught by our Jinan University, China certified teacher, are also offered from Foundation to Year 6.
- computer laboratory
- tennis court
- swimming pool
- multi-purpose field for basketball, netball, volleyball, cricket and badminton
School Day - Hours of Operation
Preschool 38.00am - 12.00pm
Preschool 48.00am - 2.30pm
Foundation - Year 68.00am - 2.30pm
Monday to Friday
(62-542) 750 781
(62-542) 762 307
(62-542) 762 320 Fax
(62-542) 750 791 Office Hours
Monday - Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm